Your support is making a difference for animals
You are making real and lasting change happen. It is because of your commitment and belief that every animal deserves a life worth living, that World Animal Protection can find long-term sustainable solutions to stop animal exploitation, cruelty and suffering. From moving corporations like Carrefour to adopt better farm animal welfare in their supply chain to transitioning traditional elephant riding camps in Thailand to elephant-friendly ones to providing life-saving assistance to over 368,000 animals caught in disasters, you are creating a brighter future for animals. Thank you!
Good news stories you have made possible
You have achieved some amazing successes for animals in 2020. Here are just some of the most recent wins you have helped with:
You’re improving the lives of pigs.?
- You moved a major South American retailer to raise pigs right. You called for Brazilian supermarkets to improve the lives of pigs in their supply chains and retailing giant Grupo P?o de A?úcar (GPA) listened. Following several meetings?they have committed to implement welfare policies that protect pigs from cruel and unnecessary practices like teeth and ear clipping as well as move mother pigs from sow stalls to group sow housing.??
You gave 12 bears better lives.
- Thanks to your support, 9 bears were surrendered from bear bile farms in Vietnam through the microchipping and monitoring program you help support. In addition, 3 bears that suffered tremendous cruelty in the entertainment industry were welcomed to partner sanctuaries in Romania and Pakistan.
You’re helping wildlife.
- You moved 160 doctors and five major companies to sign the "Wildlife-friendly Medicine" pledge not to profit from the wildlife trade. Voowee Beijing Film and Television Technology has pledged not to use or promote captive wild animals in any of their activities from now on. This move is a step closer to fighting global demand for products, medicine and entertainment containing wildlife. Thank you!?
You exposed the cruel truth behind dolphin venues.
- Thanks to your support, a new documentary featuring an ex-dolphin trainer was launched. She exposed the cruel industry that deliberately misleads animal lovers for the sake of profit.
You fed over 13,600 animals in India after devastating floods.
- After the destruction in Assam, India, Veterinary Emergency Response Unit (VERU) was able to feed, care and treat animals like cattle, ducks, goats, dogs, chickens and sheep at risk of starvation, malnutrition and disease because of you.
While many good things for animals are happening during this unprecedented time, there is still much more work to be done, especially regarding the illegal and poorly regulated wildlife trade. To make real and lasting change possible, it takes time to bring together experts, meet with company and government officials, identify opportunities, explore long-term solutions, share findings and ultimately put an end to the suffering of animals.
With your ongoing support, World Animal Protection is:
- Uniting?governments, organizations and?nations to ban the global wildlife trade to?end the suffering of wild animals and?protect people.
- Calling on the Canadian government to ban the global wildlife trade.
- Helping to stop wild animals from being exploited for the sake of entertainment, medicine, food or as exotic pets
- Providing funding to sanctuaries to feed and care for rescued animals like bears and elephants.
- Moving corporations to adopt better farm animal welfare in their supply chain.
- Working to ban antibiotics used to prevent disease in farming to meet high animal welfare standards.
2019 Global Review
The?Global Review is available and full of amazing wins for animals that you’ve helped make possible in 2019! You can read about successes from all over the world, including Canada. Thank you for your continued support and commitment to tackle the biggest issues affecting the most number of animals.